Thursday, November 25, 2010

I don't like it here....

Yeah. Really. I am not liking it here. Here in UK. In London. At work. Around my home. Agreed, lots of people like it here, and are really happy. Happy to the extent that they do not even think of going back to India. I fail to understand the reason behind their happiness. Am simply being an idiot. Trust me.

Years back, I used to be so excited talking about moving to UK. I was so excited when I took this bold step. I was super happy, when things were falling in place for flying to UK. I was on cloud nine, when I was rejecting job offers here. Finally, agreed for the current job. Wellwishers were more than happy to congratulate me, and were falling short of words to praise this bold step.(Khud ki tareef). Those jealous of me, had to keep mum (fir se). But, why doesn't my excitement/happiness/cheer last longer? I know, the architecture of the system on which I am working is kinda similar to what I have worked on, so after a few months, I will not have drastically new things to learn. But, there's less chaos and less politics(it seems) and less management involved in the daily work. So, what I have to really concentrate is only the technical aspect of work. Was't this the thing I was looking for?

Apart from finding work and starting to work, there are lots of other challenges life is offering as a good/bad side effect of moving to a new city. And yeah, it keeps me occupied most of the eves/weekends. I am doing my risk calculations, thanks to the uncertainty here. I know, I am missing the adventure/fun I used to have in Chennai/Pune. Loads of good friends, lots of good times with kids in the society, frequent visits to native town, lots of phone calls with friends (and incoming calls for credit cards, personal loan and what not), biking on the new Avenger, visits to temples, beaches, malls. Life will definitely take a new shape over here. People here are quite busy(or atleast they are expert in pretending to be busy). Even if the city is said as cosmopolitan and welcoming, I have contradictory experiences. People here smile at strangers, but they like to maintain a blank-expression-face for those they already know. I was so tempted to ask one of my colleagues at work - 'Hey A$$&^&^, do you know me' when he crossed by me in the staircase with the most expressionless face I have ever seen.

Well, enough is enough. I think, this is too early for me to judge. It's just a cross-over phase and it would too pass. I would also be comfortable with this new city and environment. So I better be prepared to make most of it, rather than lamenting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahehehehuhuhhu......badi jaldi samaj aa gaya....u knw I still feel the same and may be forever...Wat I realised over the period here that we guyz r so facinated to the materialistic world n really ignore our emotional part.....and When we have enough of materialistic world our emotions , feelings comes in picture and sad part is that except missing we cant do anything or may be we can bt we dont wanna....
We human are never satisfied.....so best is be with the flow : miss the old life , frnds or.... , try to adapt the current and hope for the better....dats wat life is n live it....

life goes on said...

I really believe that you will love that place one day , and write a blog abt that place and frnds in a new perspective ...just stick to there ...