Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bike ride to Portsmouth

So yeah, been dreaming about going on a bike ride. So many mental blocks, so many other obstacles. Par, saari kaaynaat ek ho gayi thi.. this Saturday, when I rode out on my bike.

Weather conditions were favorable.. a decent 16-18 degrees, with winds not blowing above 12-14 mph, and a full sunny day. Domestic conditions, all of them fell in place one by one, by around 1 am. You don't want me to elaborate more on domestic conditions, do you? :)
First mental block was to start going on rides, ride on my own. Another one was my huge dependence on navigation gadget. So chose a route, which didn't have many turns and confusing directions. Luckily, it also turned out to be a very nice route for me - sights wise.

Yes, I would recommend going from west London to Portsmouth using A3 (n that's what google maps recommend too ). The route has national speed limits, 2 lanes (3 for some miles), lots of greenery on either side once you are around South Downs national park. Not much of traffic (or at least not on my day). And a very good choice for anyone's first ride day out.

The ride began at around 1 pm, M3, a bit of M25, A3, scenic A3 and finally M275. 70 miles one way. Back home by 730 pm, so not too bad for a saturday ride. The first stop was at Eashing, which happened to be a very old village. Nice views, and a promise to myself, the next time I am on this route, I will have my lunch/dinner at 'The stag on the river' public house.

Arrived on the pebble beach by quarter to 4, spent about an hour n then it was time to ride back.


















Sandwich n chai latte at Costa on way back at Liphook services on A3.






A nice ride, with a promise of more to come.

No comments: