Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sushi - Ek khoj


Sushi se pehle sat nahi tha
Asat bhi nai
Antariksh bhi nai
Akaash bhi nahi tha
Chipa tha kya, Kahan
kisne dhaka tha
Us pal toAtam atal jal bhi kaha tha!!!

The moment I made my mind to travel for US, I was excited to be able to eat Sushi (yeah yeah - the routine Japanese rice meal). The Tesco Vegan sushi used to be my routine lunch most of the weekdays in London.
Let me explain - rice rolls, with a piece of vegetable (cucumber, carrot), some slices of ginger, soy sauce, and some other Japanese sauce. O M G, muh mein fir se paani aa gaya! Its been 4 long years that I haven't got chance to have sushi. (Pune and Chennai doesn't have a single Japanese restaurant - this might be a lucrative business idea - great mind at work)

So in San Jose, Whenever I was out in the shops, I was looking for vegie sushi as frozen packets; I looked at Walmarts, safeways, costco, the food store at the gas station opp my hotel, the Kamal spice (just in case)! But it looks like, its not the case as in London.

I happen to see some Japanese restaurants on North First street. But WTF! These restaurant has some timetables - And How the hell can they remain closed on sundays? And on other days, they are closed between 230 pm to 5 pm. Inko zara dhanda karna sikhana padega :P

Now, with only 2 weeks in hand, I have an aggressive plan. I am all prepared to take a day off, so that I can do my findings about vegan sushi. Another day off - to visit and eat sushi. And one more day, as a buffer. He he he!

2 comments:

vindy said...

Sushi... :) SAhi hai bhidu... Japnaese bandon ka sardaar ban gaya tu to ... Meri baat maan.. dhek, kahi Pitla bhakri with mast mirchi cha thecha .. kanda and limbu .. with alittle kobi chi bhaji milta hai kya.. Hamazing.. Sushi ka naksha bhuul jayega kakke..

Aj said...

Teri to..
Pehle hi ye chindi logo ki wajah se sushijala (like diljala) ho gaya hu mai, upar se tu mereko pithlabhakrijala bana rela hai.