Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Doing nothing!

So, don't ask me questions! But this is the only week of my life so far, when I absolutely did nothing. Yess. Its so fulfilling. I don't have words, but still I am trying to blog - "How I did nothing over this week".

It happened with me biting my own tongue too hard on sunday eve, and as a result not able to eat/drink/speak/scream/smoke/whistle/whisper/sing for almost a week. Am just on liquid food like milkshakes, juices, glucose, milk, etc. (Thanks to Victor, Kalyan, Krishna, Don). One of the unique milkshakes I tried my own hands at is - dissolving sweet biscuits in lukewarm milk.

This incidence made me realize how 'people live life under restrictions' in jails or in marriages.

Well, so the medication I am undergoing made me sleep long hours (Wow); and anyways with my boss giving me total freedom to be off for a week, nothing can be better than 'doing nothing'. No work. No much of TV. No sketches. No blogs. No poems. No talks. Nothing. Nothing at all. It feels so good.

With my empty mind, I tried another pathetic veg recipe - mashing boiled potatoes with a spoon of oil and a pinch of salt n some masala, and adding some more water. Its better than just having sweet food; but its so bad that a 'Good Cook' like me should die of shame. Mil gaya mauka, maar diya chouka. Kar lee khud ki taarif. He he he!

I think, I should be biting my tongue this way atleast once a year, and create a good hype - so that I get a week off just for myself - doing nothing; revisiting myself; rejuvenating.

Towards the end of 5 th day, I was so bored, I called my home and talked with everyone for around an hour, asking everyone to keep speaking and me just doing 'Hmmmm', Hmmmm', 'Hmmmm'. Little Hriday was so bored with this 'Hmmm' - he didn't talk to me the next time I was able to talk. Life is so funny!!!

1 comment:

vindy said...

Yea right... Tounge well soon :)