Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bike Ride to Mahabalipuram

Well, this one is a delayed write up of something that was done in Oct 2009.


Decided during the weekday, in the last week of Sept, about a bike ride to Mahabalipuram. Oct 4th, Sunday was planned to be the day. Participants - None other than Aj n Vikas. Asked a few others too, but I guess, no one dared the bad company of Aj n Vikas. We are notorious, the game of 'leni-deni' achieves new heights with the both of us.

So, as per plan, I was to reach Vikas's place by around 3 pm. I called him up from my mobile to his mobile around 3:15 pm - saying - "Hey Vikas, I am sorry yaar. Nai aa paunga. Tabiyat theek nai hai". Pissed off, Vikas was - I knew how much he wanted to have this outing. Actually, I had called him from just outside his door, and rang the bell. His expressions awesome. Leni-Deni had just started.

As it happens always, we started off with few clicks in his parking area, as if this is some major event. The bike ride started, with we discussing on how/what to do if the policemen caught us at the check post. One stop near the famed Crocodile park, with due justice to Chai n Sutta. And there it was - a nice low tree, where Vikas climbed, and I followed. Kabira baitha ped pe... Hehehehehe!


Reached Mahabalipuram - directly to the main beach - but instead of reaching the beach, we found ourselves busy with a 'Hat' vendor. And clicking many photo shots with each different hats without buying them, infuriated the vendor. His facial expressions changed from a gentle salesman to dont-ask-me. This was another version of leni-deni, and an innocent salesman was trapped.


Well, it was time for us to get out of this beach to move to some more silent and serene beach. So we picked up two bottles of Sea Gull beer, and reached the isolated beach, which had many fishing boats. The town lanes thru which we passed, had sea food hotels on both sides. Vegetarian people are not treated well on this planet I felt. Anyways, this isolated beach had very few people, and a couple of foreigners. We took control of one of the boats. Gulped beer, shared emotions, puffed butts, had tea, shot more pics and talked a lot.

Decided to start back when it was complete dark. Vikas took the steering handle of the bike - with this ultimate statement - Beer pine ke baad mai sahi se bike ride kar sakta hoon. Within few minutes, it was proven. He was not wrong. My bike was in safe hands.

Had a brief halt at Mayajaal, where Vikas met one of his friends, and was keen that I leave the bike with him, so that he has the liberty to take 'this' friend back home. I was sorry to be cruel and not let him do this. We both reached his place, had Pizzas from Dominos, and I got back home.

Next two days, I was running fever and sore throat, but mind still happy with the bike ride.

2 comments:

ram said...

Vikas ke chai pine ke tarike pe comment nahi kiya...

Aj said...

Hehe. Yeah, let me tell you all, the way Vikas sips tea, can create a new thread of laughter and comment. For more details, go to his orkut pics.