Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Gilroy Visit

So, I received a call at 07:03 am - that early on a sattiday morning. Its not that I had a tiring week or a number of drinks on friday evening; its just my mindset that an early morning call on sattiday is never good. Well, so it was Victor on the other side, asking me to get up and be ready for a visit to Gilroy. Gilroy Outlet is just another shopping place which is cheap and has moderate quality and may be today's fashion. (Am I too old to keep pace with what's happening in the fashion world).

The journey started with we boarding the tram from Karina station. We being a group of 7 people, and for some reason, the tram didn't have any vacant seat near the door where we boarded. There were just 6 seats vacant towards this door, of which 5 got occupied. So me and Don moved to the other part of the bogey - and happen to cross the bike parking place (inside the tram). The American's do call bicycles as bikes. There was some old whinning gentleman holding onto his bike in this area, which was not parked on the stand. And its un-convenient for anyone (including this oldie) if someone is crossing this area to go to the other side of the tram. So, well, when we were crossing, I did hear the taunt - "Don't you know which door to enter the tram". Mind blowing - I got the trigger for some mischief after a long while.

So, me and Don seated facing him, and started observing - how so many people crossed this area and how everytime, the expressions on Old man became the same, which we saw the first time. An old lady, while crossing, got her jacket entangled with the bike's rear view mirror, and we instantly burst into laughter. I know, I was going insane, but I love this. We were quite alert that the no one else notices/understands why are we laughing, so that no one is disturbed/hurt (Oh, what a sober soul I am!). So after some time, we called Victor on phone (who was on the other side of the tram) asking him to be with us, as we want to decide on the plan for the day; even if actually there was nothing to be decided. (We were talking as if we are planning to have some major mission, and planning is critical.) So, when he was crossing, he also got some taunts, and seeing our faces at that time, he immediately understood, why did we call him. Heavens! I had a good laugh after a long while.

So, going ahead, this interesting Oldie got down at one station before us. After reaching Santa Teresa, we waited for some time, and got onto 68 bus. The bus took roughly 50 minutes to reach our destination. During the journey, I did see some country side. Yess, there were no houses, no highways, no flyovers, no signs of urbanisation! It felt good. Green fields, mountains in the background. There's one thing which is peculiar to the mountains I see here. Mountains are truly western. On the nudity aspect. Yess. Mountains are nude. There are hardly any trees, bushes, grass or weeds on them. I hate it. But mountains are still mountains. I love them. Well, I instantly had this thought to inform my family n friends, that I am going to settle here, please packup and join me. But the next moment, I got back to reality. No one would join me, and I would die of 'not seeing human being' for a long time. Me being a people's person, love people. I love objects and materials too. But I love human more, even if I fight and crib about humans more than objects and materials.

Well, after alighting from the bus, it was around 20 min walk to the Gilroy Outlets, where we roamed a lot, and shopped a little. Had some 'Large French Fries and Meduim Orange Juice' at McD (McD &^%*&^%$ don't have any non-meat burgers/salad with them). But its okay, I am still fit to survive. (I live my life around this statement - Survival of the fittest) Kar lee dialoguebaazi. Bhar gaya jee.

Hmmmmmm! Way back, we be-friended one Abdul on the train. And he was no way lacking in trying to convince/explain/guide us for the US H1 visa and gave some leads. I said "Thanks a lot, Abdulbhai" (As if I am going to immediately think about this H1 thingy).

Overall, it was a fulfilling day - as I got up early, got a chance to laugh my brain out, still keeping my face like an innocent tourist, got some items at good deals, and got some leads for US H1 visa (as if I care a damn).


No comments: