Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why do I want to blog???

Why do I want to blog? Do I have something in my mind (or my heart, if I really have one) to tell someone, to convey someone? Why don't I directly catch 'this' someone and spill everything ? Or is my life so interesting and full of events, so I want to broadcast to a wider audience ? Or is it, that I want to impress people with my writing ? Na na na. The last statement was a bit too much. I know I know. When will I stop this 'self praise'. Someone very close to me is always so irritated, when I am in this 'self praise' mood. But I can't help it. I really know that those who get a chance to read my stuff, get a chance to be around me, are friends with me, are really lucky people and are blessed ones. There I go, "Tu kabhi nahi sudhrega na, Akaash" (Reference - Dil Chahata hai). You are going to find so many movie dialogues in my blogs, if at all I continue to write. So, better be equipped or, better even, ignore. Huh!

Well, so back to square one - why do I want to blog ? Is it because my friends do so ? Or is it because its the 'in' thing nowadays ? Well, then my friends are all weird - each one of them. God has picked up best of the wierd lots and placed them on this planet and time, so that I am friends with them. Each one wierd in his/her own way. But not every one of these wierdos are bloggers. Just a few of them. And I am regular visitor to none of their blogs, except for Vindy's. Yess, for my own selfish reasons. Yess, I am one of the characters in his blogs. So what, if I am playing a character role, I am still a hero in that character role. Here I go - I too am weird. I know I know. But I like being such. But where am I going now? I am here to find out - why do I want to blog?

One of my close friends Jennifer (name changed upon request - he he he) whom I have frequent mail/chat communication with, is impressed with the way I write. She likes the way I tell stories and incidences. And she keeps asking me - whether I blog? Why not and all - blah blah blah. I am happy with whatever writing I do, in the form of chats, text messages, mails (official and unofficial), poems. And she being a wierdo, likes my writing. I know, there are a lot of people, who will throw rotten eggs n tomatoes over my writing - why the hell I am going ga-ga over my own writing skills? Am I trying to find an excuse here - why do I want to blog?

Is it that I have more than 24 hours in a day, so that I have additional time for blogging and all ? Well, let me start using a wrist watch. Who knows, the moment I stopped using my wrist watch, I have been gifted some additional minutes each day. A lot of neatness can be brought into my life, if I use these few minutes. But who cares for the neatness - a neat life will be so boring life. Do I mean here, that my life is interesting ? With lots of happenings every few weeks/months and lots of ups and downs? Well, I honestly do not have an answer - why do I want to blog?

Why do I want to blog? Why? Why? Why?

2 comments:

Samyak said...

welcome to the world of venting out !
Keep writing !!

Anonymous said...

so, u got ur answer for ur why yet???
u r writing well..
keep it going...