Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Room No 325, Firodiya Hostel, Pune

"Arey yaar, aise lagta hai ki 'is' ladki ko pehle kahi dekha hai?"
"Hmmm. Ronnie ki party mein?"
Doesnt really matters who asked the first question and it doesn't matter about whom. Who ever replies, answer used to be always the same. Generally sitting on one of the bikes at the favourite parking lots, be it KNP, FC Road or MG Road.

Some of the dialogues never changed whenever 2 or more of VAPVAKAP is together; whether Pank has his semesterly injury/fracture or Vikash having a major one. For any tiny miny favour, "Tere liye kya re pagle" is the best dialogue suitable.

I still remember that hot sunny sunday. Got up with hell lot of lazyness (this was not a new thing, but being a sunday, lazyness is official), and did some weekly chores like laundry n 'Sunday Times'. After munching on some not-so-tasty-but-still-overeaten-feast in the hostel mess, everyone gathered in Room no - 325. Abhay is in a good mood, and everyone took this opportunity to request him for a 'tabla' session. The image is still on my mind - Abhay on the top bed in the middle of the room, and everyone else occupying his own bed, and parasites like me n Prit joined someone after encroaching their beds. I don't remember, though, whom I joined. (Should be Prit, somehow ;-) ) Well, so, as far as I remember, Abhay played 'tabla' for over half an hour, and when he looked down to see everyone's response - O M G! Everyone was sleeping. What a soothing 'tabla' session it was.

When it comes to eating out, we had very less options available. Number one reason is - everyone is strictly vegetarian, non-drinking fella. Number two, but important one, is - everyone was keeping a tight watch on the pocket. As generally teens do. But dropping bike keychain in the glass of water at Hotel Subhadra is one of the silly reasons, for which we laughed our stomachs out.

And "Yusuf" by Vijay (at Nandu's Dhaba) is so silly and wierd, but so magical, that I still laugh over it. Now with everyone scattered across geography, I dont know whom can I say this - "Ek tu hi hai is duniya mein".

When it comes to pairing, I think, Viju-Vikash is the most romantic one. That's why even today, all the journeys from Singapore to Jalna go via Hyderabad. Ha Ha Ha (If any bhabhi is reading this, please excuse us).

"Agar tere dil me ishwar hai, aur agar tera pyar sachcha hai....to wo ladki palat ke dekhegi". I think, this dialogue was used, whenever someone wished, that the beautiful gal should again look back. Complete filmy. Too Wierd.

Well, VAPVAKAP, I still have those papers on which it is documented sometimes in 1998 that 'what kind of life partner I am looking for" by 5 of us. I know, its the right time to scan those and upload/distribute, but let me make tall n big promise here - I am doing it very soon.

Room No 325 is one place, where I got most of my laughters and my 'life' really sounded like a 'laugh' riot.

No comments: